To understand how to protect yourself on the web all you need do is understand peoples motives for crime…
Because once you understand that you are on your way to stopping the criminals by not revealing what they are looking for and when you do by protecting your data.
Simple tips to keep your data and yourself safe
- Always assume someone is after your data, because they are.
- Always, Always Backup all your data to more than one location using HTTPS in the web browser and on a SDD portable drive
- On a windows machine always have a hardware and software firewall
- Always do your updates
- Never Open Emails for prizes or spammy emails because you are curious…. only open from people you know
- Always be aware that you should use a safe browser like Firefox,chrome and always use the latest version.
As you would at home, look left and right when opening your door or gate on entering and on leaving always assume someone is watching when putting in passwords so cover your hands…
Above all have fun and be safe by using made up passwords that are A M1xtuR3 of UPPER case Letters#! and characters. and numb4rs
As for the motive for crime? The illusion is that they will do less work than in a ‘real job’ tell that to people who sold billions worth of computer software and products…
There is no such thing as “easy money”….